Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bonifacio High Street Central dining experience

I have yet to find a good resto in this upscale part of bonifacio high street.  Although I have to be honest, I have not tried all but for the 2 restos I have been to, there was nothing fabulous to rave about.  I know some blogs earn a lot by giving reviews, now my suspicions are really growing that they are some paid reviews out there.  I acknowledge the fact, that taste is subjective, your taste buds are different from mine.

No pictures of the food are provided here because I am not a food blogger per se and we are not real fans of taking photos of our food. And also we are always hungry.

The first one we tasted was Elias by Crisostomo,  we wanted to try their platter but we were afraid we might not be able to finish it. So we opted to order ala carte, we ordered  Gising-gising, Kare-kare ng Kura, Don Filipo an adobong pusit and baby dish and a fish dish which eludes my memory. We were only 3, so we opted for just 3 dishes.  The Kare-kare was ok but the bagoong was not, it was a little malansa, the gising-gising failed to wake us up, as there was no spice at all, and the serving we felt was too small and the adobo, we were looking for the vinegary taste, which we did not find.  Truth be told, the dishes were not bad, but they were not good either.  For the price we paid, i think we shelled out around P500++ each, we were not satisfied customers.

2nd round, we were starving when we got to 'Cue Modern Barbecue,  we ordered their spicy fried wings, smoked bacon carbonara and beef belly and sangria.  The spicy fried wings were again not too spicy but it tasted home made, it tastes "flour-y" if there is such a word. The serving size was just right though.  For the beef belly, it tastes good naman but to sight of all the fat (oil) the belly were literally swimming on is enough to clog your arteries.  I know we ordered the belly but maybe they can drain it off before serving it? It was a little nakakaumay, I don't know if seeing all that fat had something to do with it.  The carbonara, bland, but i guess they did this on purpose because you were supposed to eat it with the bacon that came with it which was good.
Maybe we should have cracked that bacon so the 3 of us were able to taste hehehe.  The sangria was good enough, better than the sangrias we tasted from other establishments. It was not watered down. 

Oh wait, we enjoyed their sweet potato fries. They were really good, I would recommend. The beef belly maybe this would have been better if we ordered rice to go with it. Haha.

WE don't know if we are very critical eaters because we know how to cook, or  my friends and I developed the same taste buds but, really we need something to rave about and enjoy.

These are my honest opinion, you may disagree or agree, maybe we should have ordered different dishes, we don't know. Let me know what you think. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I enjoy reading your site! Is it okay if I contact you through email? Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Harry
    harry.roger10 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete