Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shakey's Birthday Party

It has been a hectic week.

Now that my son C's 3rd birthday is done, I can now rest from planning birthdays until he turns 7.
It was not really a stressful birthday preparation as much as what I have done in the past for my 2 daughters 7th birthday.  I did not even have to drag my ass to divisoria to buy loot bags and such.

I made a lot of DIY's but thanks to Shakey's El Pueblo, their loot bags were nice enough, that I did not have to add a lot, just added some candies and chocolates and prepared additional loot bags since I cannot order loot bags per piece.

Since I have started making DIY's I have always made popcorn boxes for my kids bdays.  Just so the guests can have something to munch on while waiting.  I printed these on my computer and used the 
printables from http://www.mariahdemarco.com/justice-league-printables, for the cute justice league characters,  since I wanted to save on colored inks, I printed it black and white and just colored the boxes.  Channeling the inner child within.

The cape was very vibrant and that is included in the Shakey's package.

For this who are looking into celebrating at Shakey's, I think their policies differ from branch to branch.
But for the El Pueblo branch the 2nd floor can accommodate up to 80 pax.

What we did was to order the monster meal at P2050 per set good for 12 pax.
We availed of their theme package, the only one they have now is the Justice League theme, for P3,900
we get 30 sets of party invitation, party hats, capes, sling bags, puzzle board and tumbler. With Guest signature poster and 5 each of lunch box, sand set and stickers for game prizes.
Which are not bad because they are very useful and the kids loved the capes.

You can also get Capt Shakeys but for additional fee.

The host was good and was not brazen so that was a good thing.

You can have any theme you like and not pay the P3,900 but you would have to bring your own host and party organizer.

Because we have guests who doesn't have any kids, my hubby ordered beer for the not so young.

We did not add any other balloon decors because, I am really not a fan of spending on balloon decors.


I made a lot of DIY's, made some cake pops, and just made my famous mini cheesecake as souvenirs for the adults.  for the cupcake tower, I just bought some pastries in shoppersville and brownie in brownies unlimited, and we had to refill these, as the kids came back for more.  It may not be festive looking but, boy did the kids love it, instead of the cupcakes that are laden with thick frosting that kids do not finish, I opted for this instead.

All in all, it was great, the kids enjoyed as I prepared a lot of prizes and the food, well it was Shakey's after all. So it was not really a stressful bday celebration and C's face beamed as he is well aware that it was his birthday.  He was dancing and smiling the whole time. 

That says a lot, to us, as now the celebrant was the one who truly enjoyed being surrounded by family and friends.




3 comments:

  1. i love DIYs! happy birthday to your boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you do avagabondmom. I saw your owl piƱata and it was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Who doesn’t like superman? My kids are crazy for him. I think I have come across the right post at the right time. It’s a fantastic party and there is also an event space Atlanta just like this which I have booked for my son’s birthday. This theme would be great for his birthday this time.

    ReplyDelete