Thursday, September 6, 2012

Mcdonald's party..... not

Mcdonald's party..... not

Our baby boy is turning 3. so time to rush to look for a birthday venue.  First stop, Mcdonald's.
Our family eats and breathes Mcdonald's, so this was the obvious choice.
First stop was Mcdonald's eastwood. Yippee they are open for our preferred date, downer, they can
only accommodate up to 40 pax maximum. So it won't do.

Tried calling branches after branches, which was no walk in the park, as the listed number were either telefax or they just don't answer phones. So that was a fail.

One lucky Saturday (or so I thought) I got hold of Mcdonald's Metropoli branch.  The guy I talked to said there was an open timeslot of 1:30 - 3:00 but they do not entertain bookings over the phone. So
along with my whole family we trekked there and also met a friend there.

When we talked to the one in-charge she said there were 2 slots open, the time 1:30 - 3:00 and
6:30-8:00pm. Didn't know Mcdonald's can hold birthday parties that late. Being the late risers we are,
we decided to book the latter.  We didn't have cash on hand so we said will just come back to make the deposit, our last day to come back was on Aug. 31.

So thinking we were all set, I prepared an invitation to email to our guests which goes a little something like this.

Before hubby was supposed to go there to make the payment last Friday, I called to confirm nd ask for certain details of the party. Lo and behold, Lhen said we are only 2nd priority for the 6:30 to 8:00pm timeslot.  Smoke must have come out of my ears, because never during our conversation did she mention this to us.  We were 6 in that table discussing the party details, so I don't think we could have misheard her.  But she insisted that is what's on her calendar.  Never did she apologize during our phone conversation. Which irked me more.  But knowing it would be hard to look for other venues given we only have less than a month, I asked her to still pencil book me for the other timeslot.

Dissapointed, I called the hubby and he said we should look for another venue just in case. He was not comfortable dealing with them after this fiasco.

Come Saturday, we tried to look at the Shakey's branches near us, Katipunan was fully booked, so off we went to el Pueblo.  We were about to inquire at Mcdonald's El Pueblo but the one in charge was very busy with the party that was on going, so we decided to split, the hubby went to Shakey's and I waited at Mcdonald's.  While I was waiting, the party was winding down already and the Mommy of the celebrant was settling the bill, and I can over hear her that she was not satisfied.  Red alert. So I just joined my husband at Shakey's.

So we ended up in Shakey's with a totally different theme. Justice League.  My son has no idea about any of the Justice League characters, but that is something youtube.com can not solve.

So Shakey's it is. Just for those who are interested. If you are to avail of their Justice League theme,
they charge P3,900. What do you get for that.  Party invitation, party hats, sling bags, puzzle board, tumblers and cape for 30 pax.  for prizes they have lucy box, sand set and stickers.  Not bad.  I do not want to hire a different host anymore since it will only be 2 hrs.

Till next time. I will feature what we would be doing for the party.

Tata for now. I still need to save the birthday....





No comments:

Post a Comment